Julie Culshaw at The Beauty of a Stitch sent me the “Versatile Blogger Award” this week. Thank you Julie, that’s my favorite word- versatile! Julie’s been married for 38 years (that was one of her 7 Things) and says the secret is to be best friends with your husband. I like that.
Since Julie shared, that means I need to share 7 things you didn’t know about me. I feel hard pressed to come up with anything worth mentioning, but here goes:
- I’ve traveled to 12 countries, the first was Morocco when I was 19. It’s a gorgeous place, I hope I’ll go back sometime.
- I used to take bets and dares… Once I ate a whole can of Betty Crocker vanilla frosting… I do not take bets or dares anymore.
- Sometimes I get very bad motion sickness, especially in cars. The frosting probably doesn’t help matters.
- I’m an introvert– meaning I need time alone or quiet to “recharge.” But I’m not shy, generally.
- I can’t stop watching the video for Kimbra’s “Cameo Lover.” She’s a kiwi crooner, all over the radio here. The accompanying video is so outrageously exuberant I can’t help but smile every time I see it. Lila and I love dancing around to this song. Part of me really wants to make her dress.
- I don’t like penguins. They make me uneasy.
- I want to learn to surf, it’s not a new addition to my list of things to learn, but I should really get on that since I live near (ish) to some celebrated surfing beaches.
Now it’s time to pass this on to 7 other bloggers… I’m spotlighting a few that you may not know about, so do have a look:
Acorn Cottage– I love the way she thinks, and her photography.
Stiching and Needling- Sarah and i are practically neighbors (NSW) and she writes about sewing and keeping up with her young family.
Miss Crayola Creepy– I’m a newer reader, but I like her style and admire the hard work she puts in on the Sew Colette challenge.
Quilting for Happiness- I know Melissa here in Brisbane, she’s a radiant person and does beautiful quilting and applique and oh everything.
Quilt, Sew, Sew Sue- Another near neighbor. Sue does really lovely work, I like her style. Especially that Ottobre top- meow!
Thanks for playing!